Basswood components for plantation shutters

After thoroughly researching the Web and rec.woodworking for plans, tips and general info on plantation shutters, I decided to build my own set (about eleven mid-size windows for the first floor). I have read quite a bit on the subject and believe I can build them (I have a decently equipped shop) but I do not want to have to mill the components from raw lumber.

There used to be a place called American Hardwood Co. who stocked the stiles, rails and most importantly, the elliptical 3.5 in. louvers, made mostly of basswood (some parts were poplar)

The problem is, this company just plain disappeared from the face of the earth; their Web site is dead and their phones have been disconnected. I found glenoaklumber.com, but they only sell to the trade and in very large quantities (5000 LF minimum).

Can someone with info/suggestions on where to buy these components (pre-milled) help a fellow stuck at a dead-end? I am primarily looking for 0.5 in. thick, 3.5 in. wide, basswood elliptical louvers, and if possible, the stiles 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 thick, by 2 in. wide. The rails would be nice too, but I can manage to mill those myself if I have to.

Thanks and pardon the newspaper!

Reply to
DaveP