Tension Gauge Usable with Riser Block?

Grizzly G0555 (ultimate) 14" bandsaw - I have installed a six inch riser block. Can I still rely on the saw's tension gauge or do I have to apply more tension (or less tension?) than the gauge shows? Thanks in advance.

It's a spring, so it's the same compression. You might have to add a touch if you get barreling on your tall cuts. Get a good aggressive blade like the Suffolk to reduce your chances of same.
On 31 Jan 2005 00:48:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Teejaygee) wrote:

the tension gauge settings.
IME you can't rely on the tension gauge under any circumstances. Learn other tightening techniques that don't rely on the absolute setting of the gauge and then mark your BS for the proper setting for future set ups. Suffolk Machinery has a pretty good guide as does Lonnie Bird's or Mark Duginske's books.
TWS