Tablesaw push stick?

Page 2 of 3
"Leon" wrote in message

Sounds like we may be of the same school when it comes to controlling possible kickback situations by judicious force instead of ducking. ;>) It's been a pretty comfortable design for me ... I can get a surprising amount of leverage just by rotating my wrist downwards without moving my hand.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

Thanks for the kind words, Nick.
Heat? No heat or AC. We haven't had a freeze yet this winter that I am aware of, and I wear shorts and t-shirts in the shop year around no matter what. It gets downright balmy in the summer months, so I enjoy anything approaching cold while I can... this August I'll be looking back on January with fondness, wishing I could have stored it up somehow.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

Look at a Kerosene heater. I bought one and am very pleased with it. heats my 3-car garage just fine after an hour or so. Of course, I don't spray anything while it is running.

There is a couple samples here.
http://www.woodzone.com/tips/push-stick.htm
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:33:02 -0600, "Guy LaRochelle"

here's what I do:
take a triangle of plywood. the last few I have made were the cutoff from corner cabinets, but you could easily make your own triangles <G>. a right triangle with sides of about 12 to 16 inches will beabout right. get out your most comfortable fitting handsaw, the one that you can cut for hours with without getting blisters. lay the triangle on the bench with the saw on top of it, with the spine of the saw about parallel to one of the 90 degree sides. trace around the saw handle. cut the line, sand round over and add a notch at the bottom to push the board with.
I like that when holding this your fingers are curled up out of the way.
Excellent idea! Thanks. Regards. -Guy

That's exactly what I do, and it's worked out very well for me.
Ed
Pics on ABPW
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ah yes, very similar to _my_ push stick stick.
I would say that yours is more Nahm inspired Functional, with a pleasing touch of Arts and Crafts inspired Utility, but definitely created in a "shop" and therefore more bourgeois... while mine has more of the graceful curves of a Maloof inspired, "studio created" piece, more appropriate for adding dignity to what would be an otherwise vulgar operation.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

I had an plastic snow brush for my car which had a really comfortable curve to the handle. It was the kind of handle which nestled firmly but gracefully in the hand, making the tool an extension of one's inner self.
So I laid it on top of a piece of 3/4 pine scrap, traced it with a pencil, cut it out on the bandsaw, rounded the edges with a rasp and some 60-grit sandpaper, and put a notch in the end. I suppose you might call it "Nouveau K-Mart".
I do like a nice glass of well-aged bourgeois with dinner, but only if I'm done using power tools for the day.
Roy Smith wrote:

LOL!
-- Mark
LOL ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

mee too... pics on abpw <G>     Bridger
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:33:02 -0600, "Guy LaRochelle"

Lay the cat down flat on some plywood and draw round it.
How do you hold the cat down, glue or brads? What kind of glue should I use if my shop isn't heated, Gorilla or Titebond? If it's a long haired cat, should I use Titebond II or III??? Does Norm use brads or glue??? If David Marks uses cats, does that mean he works in a shop or a studio??? I did a Google search on brad nailers and cats and came up with nothing. Somebody shut me up before I explode...........                         Mark P.S. Birch ply or OSB.....tic tic tic tic BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Andy Dingley wrote:

Andy, I was going to ask him if he had any stray cats in the neighborhood but thought I better read the replies first....
You beat me to it!
Philski
Andy Dingley wrote:

Guy LaRochelle wrote:

Thought for sure that this was an obvious straight line for some of the screwballs out there. Tom, are the photos of the contest entrants still out there somewhere?     mahalo,     jo4hn