Table Saw purchase question

It is absolutely a common sense thing. But many people let their emotions factor in on their decisions. If you simply factor in nothing but facts the choice become more clear. For example new car dealers want you to take that test drive. The excitement of driving a new vehicle helps to sell the vehicle. Now having said that we had to help bail out GM and many people are not going to want to have any thing to do with a company that had to be bailed out by the government. Does this make their vehicles a bad choice? Yes if you now hate GM, "maybe not' if you look strictly at the vehicle itself.
This whole disagreement on the SawStop is mostly based on whether you have a dislike for the SawStop product because of it's owner or if you simply judge the product on it's own merits. Again if you let emotion play a part of your decision making you may not get the best deal on paper. As with anything you buy if you are happy with your decision you got a good deal for you. We like to buy what we like whether what we like is a good product or not. When we put aside the good feeling and look only at the facts we make better decisions.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:00:48 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Of course there's always emotions involved, but there's different types and different levels of emotions. You just have to stifle them as much as you can and go from there. If you go into something where logic is required and you're too angry or too upset, then you're going to have a problem.
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:40:10 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Well, that's slightly different. Almost every time, the SawStop has been discussed, I've gotten into it with krw. That is emotion driven because we thoroughly detest each other. That's different only because the discussion is online. If the conversations we've had were in person, I'm sure we'd have tried to beat the crap out of each other. We can't do that online, so pent up emotions get let loose. :)

You have to despise the guy for his tactics to make it law to use his product.
You have to admire the guy for taking the risk and starting his own business with the high quality saw.
You have to step back from all of that and make a decision based on facts and what is best for you.

That's it in a nutshell!

+1

+1

Bingo! You ran the board.

EOT?
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Not likely!
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:41:23 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Keep it up. There may still be someone out there who doesn't know what an ass you are.

Except that wasn't me ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

??? I was answering the nothing's post.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:57:48 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

$$JOB $$EOJ
--
Where have all the flowers gone? Pete Seeger 1919-2014

On 3/13/2014 11:26 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

EOF end of file
EOD end of day job EOM end of month job EOY end of year job EOQ end of quarter job...
plenty of them..
nothing is like that anymore.
--
Jeff

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:43:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Just have to keep it going don't you? I replied to Swingman half jokingly and you figured you had to jump in with another hit.
You truly are an emotionally driven, senile old fool aren't you?
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:38:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

You just prove what a black pot you are. Keep it up.

You're too stupid to read so no one will expect you to think.
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:29:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Y'all done till next time?
On 3/13/2014 5:07 AM, Swingman wrote:

One more question; where are SawStops manufactured and if in the US are any parts made "off shore"? I ask primarily because of the statement on their website:
"100% U.S. Owned, Operated and Engineered"
(nothing about where they're built)
On 3/17/2014 8:22 PM, Max wrote:

offshore. I believe Taiwan, not certain. Nothing is made here anymore that I am aware of.
--
Jeff

On 3/17/2014 7:22 PM, Max wrote:

Taiwan If it were built in the USA it really really would be expensive.
On 3/17/2014 10:30 PM, Leon wrote:

I can live with that. ;-)