Stupid castor question

Page 2 of 2

Not really. A high weight rating means nothing to the quality of the bearings or the swivel. I buy casters at work. Some that I buy are $75 each. There is some real crap with high weight ratings. They may not crumble, but they don't move well either. Ed
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

If
will
Yes really ... note I stated "high quality" casters to begin with and said nothing about cost. Equating cost with quality can bite you, as you've found out.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/29/03

authoritative answser: "It depends".
On who is talking.
Some people publish load capacities for a -set- of four. Particularly when they are selling them *in*sets*of*four*.
More responsible parties publish the load a _single_ caster will handle.
Read the fine print. If still in doubt, *ask* the seller.