Square fence on Delta Mortiser

Hi, I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?
Thanks,
Spencer

Maybe attach a fence to the fence, and shim it? Tom

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come this way?
Spencer

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler (<1/64"). Calling Delta sounds like a good idea. Andy

I called Delta and they are sending a new Fence. No problem!
Thanks for the help,
Spencer

Good luck. Tom

I went and checked my mortiser --- the same model. The fence was right on. Since the fence is a casting, it could have been damaged or improperly machined. It should sit flat on the base. Check to see if there's something between the fence bottom and the base. If not, I'd get a replacement from Delta.
Joel