"Sketchpad" mentioned in FWW

I think it was this month's FWW, in the Letters to the Editor section. One wrote in, about the article on CAD, and mentioned that he had been using (what I recall was) "SketchPad".
The only thing I find on the net is something Geometry students use. Anyone know what that author was referring to?
Thanks

Try searching 'sketchpad cad'. Sketchpad was one of the first CAD systems and, IIRC, there was a later, inexpensive CAD system with the same name.
http://sketchup.com /

Doh! Thanks!

Thank you! I read the same article and thought "that's just another hard-to-grasp CAD-like program" I already have TurboCad...god! what a pain to learn. Well I downloaded the trial version of Sketchup and found it to be exactly what I've always wanted and very easy to manage. In addition, it has some very good on-line tutorials. But.....I'll have to cogitate on forking over he nearly $500 for the program....
Larry

That is Sketchup, there is a SketchPad unless they have become one in the same.
http://www.caesi.com/software/SketchPadVAR.htm
Leon wrote:

That SketchPad is a Cadkey add-on for solids modelling, and does not appear to be available anymore (all the links from that page seem to be broken). Cadkey is good but it's not cheap and has pretty good 3D capability out of the box.
--
--John
Sketchpad or Sketchup? The latter CAD program can be found at http://www.sketchup.com /
On 2004-11-17 13:59:22 -0600, "patrick conroy"

That's it! Thank you!
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:59:22 GMT, "patrick conroy"

I can't seem to find the link right now, but I saw a pretty neat thing at the IWF. It's a plastic sheet upon which you place your drawing paper. The sheet has many many rows of tiny, very finely spaced pyramids. This allows your writing implement to track a groove, resulting in a dead straight line. Additionally, it allows you to draw parallels as well as accurate perpendiulars with ease. One iteration of it has a protractor type thing built into it so that you can shift the plastic sheet to draw relatively accurate angles.
I didn't get a chance to really use it much, but I thought it might be useful - and certainly fun.
JP
Is Auto Sketch what your looking for? It can be purchased for as little as $89 on the link below.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)