Shower ceiling...maple.

Page 2 of 2

Marc wrote:

In a shower???? NO way!

OK Duane, I'll bite. I haven't been following this thread, so if this question's already been asked, I apologize up front. What about saunas? They clearly generate as much moisture as a shower and typically don't have the ventilation that a shower has. They seem to do just fine with cedar. What am I missing?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:00:56 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

The Finns tend to use soft woods (as opposed to softwoods), such as pine, spruce, and aspen (especially for the benches). I think the basic idea is that these woods tend to be pretty stable, not expanding or contracting much from changes in moisture content. Cedar also qualifies. See: http://cankar.org/sauna/building/design.html
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Woodworking
terrible!

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid 014&stc=1