Shopbot

Has anyone had any experience with a Shopbot? Looks like an entry level CNC router. Or if anyone can lead me to something comparable? I am looking something to cut simple 2 D Shapes.
Sacramento Dave (in EXEDe.19384$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com) said:
| Has anyone had any experience with a Shopbot? Looks like an entry | level CNC router. Or if anyone can lead me to something comparable? | I am looking something to cut simple 2 D Shapes.
There are three that I know of) here: myself, Ecnerwal (sp?), and John Moorhead. If you visit the link below you can find links to the ShopBot web site and user forum; and I have photos of my 'Bot and the stuff I use it for scattered all over my web site.
If there're questions you'd prefer to ask off-forum, my e-mail address is real - and I may be able to help you locate a local 'Botter if you'd like to see one in operation.

give them a call tomorrow.
If you're /serious/ about buying one of these machines, there's a 48x96 used machine that being offered for sale (at an unusually low price) on the ShopBot forum at http://www.talkshopbot.com/messages/312/8675.html?1121874982 . You can follow the provided link to see some of the work they've done with their machine.