sharpening

When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat o
concave? Does it make a difference
-- tim_0106

Sort of the wrong group... please join us in rec.crafts.woodturning
As with most turning questions, I'd advise going to Darrell Feltmates site:
http://aroundthewoods.com/sharpening01.html
He has sections for almost any type of turning question and is very helpful..
I have skews sharpened in about 5 or 6 different ways, depending on their use.. This comes from a lot of it is practice and personal preference, but the traditional skew is a flat bevel, to ride on the wood as you cut..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Not to the wood.