Senco SNS45XP sometimes "rapid fires"

I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it "rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent this. Thanks

Ignoramus27956

Are you guarding against recoil and or perhaps letting the recoil cause you to pull the trigger unintentially? Try a different technique for holding the gun. Just about any gun with any recoil at all will do this if you are not cautious.

Reply to
Leon

I have a similar Bostitch--used it for putting down the hidden fasteners for CorrectDeck. Your problem will be solved if you go to a sequential trigger. The issue is not that you toggle the trigger when it recoils, but if what you are shooting into has any give or movement, *IT* will toggle the contact tip and fire again while the trigger stays depressed.

Cheers, Shawn

Reply to
Rima Neas

I like this explanation, as I think that I do hold the gun relatively firmly, but the stuff that I staple sometimes is flimsy (crates).

I will call Senco to see how I can obtain a sequential restrictive trigger.

Thanks a lot.

Ignoramus27956

There's really no need to be embarrassed about premature ejection. It happens to all of us sometimes. It's easy to get so excited about what you're doing with your tool that you pull the trigger early. If the problem persists, go see your local tool doctor.

(Couldn't help myself)

Larry

Ignoramus27956 wrote:

Reply to
TD Driver

I called Senco. The customer rep guy understood the problem right away and asked if I build crates or boxes. I was kind of impressed with his correct guess. He told me that a restrictive trigger will take care of the problem, and they will be sending me a restrictive trigger free of charge. This seems to be based on some easy to guess legal and safety reasons, but I am happy as I will get exactly what I need, for free.

Thanks to all.

Ignoramus32305

I've always enjoyed the full auto capability of the Senco PW and M series staplers. You could develop a feel for the recoil, and just let the gun bounce away from the work to halt the chatter. We also used to grind down the drivers in our guns to limit fastener depth. It shouldn't fire when your finger's off the trigger, so I'd also look into "operator trigger control". Tom

Reply to
tom

Not sure about the whole humanity, but it confirms my faith in Senco, for sure.

I am sitting on the fence regarding whether I need a framing nailer. But I know for sure that when I decide to buy one, it will be a Senco.

Ignoramus32305

It's nice when you call up a company for support, talk to someone who understands immediately what your problem is and agrees to fix it without any hassle or quibbling.

Sort of reconfirms your faith in humanity doesn't it? :)

Reply to
Upscale

"Ignoramus32305" wrote

You would think that those morons at the other tool companies would learn something from that response/sentiment. But apparently not.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Wow, very timely and I thought it was just me. Glad to read all of this thread and I think I'll see if I can get that same free trigger upgrade.

I bought this same gun for one specific job, building Adirondack chairs. I wanted a wide staple and at least 1 1/2" long in Galv or SS. This was the best I could find and I love Senco. I wanted to just "try" some galv staples before I bought SS but the fricking boxes are like 10,000 staples!! I have one each of 1 1/2 and 2". That should last a while.

I use a bump method, holding the trigger and banging the nose. That "usually" stops the doubel fire. I also found if I fire from the very back of the trigger and let my finger slip off after firing, that also "usually" stops the double fire.

This weekend I'll be cutt> I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

"SonomaProducts.com wrote

This weekend I'll be cutting and building 24 chairs, 24 footstools, and about 12 each of 3 different sizes and shapes of tables. I am using 3 staples in each 4x seat, back and table slat at each cross member. I think that is more than 50 staples per chair alone. This is my first big production run of this new design with the gun. I guess I'll see if I can get any good at not duoble firing. =========================================

Damn, you must be throwing one big barbecue!!

Is this for a retail account?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I am late to entering the market this season but yes, I am manufacturing and selling wholesale. I have three customers lined up that pending the precieved quality (they want to see them) are ready to give them a try at their retail sites.

I have some very slim margins but by doing consignment, so they have no risk if they don't sell, I pick them back up, I have convinced them to accept a 30% discount instead of the normal 50%. I will give them

40% if they want to buy them outright and I'll give them 50% if they pay C.O.D. and have a large minimum order. I am actually not sure I can make a profit at 50% but if my volume came up enough I can lower my material cost by about 20% and that should make it worthwhile.

This is just a stepp> "SonomaProducts.com wrote

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com