SENCO SFN1 & What Brad Nailer.....

I got one of these for free, owner said it didn't work and was partially disassembled. Without doing much research, are these worth rebuilding and putting money into?
I sure would like to find a nice Brad Nailer with a small nose to get into tight spots....ideas?
Marty

Senco is the brand most pros use. Most of the new brands arrived when Sencos patents expired. Many towns have a dealer who stocks parts for them and can bring them back to new operating condition. Check the yellow pages or the internet. Not cheap though.
Joe G
I almost bought a Senco, but settled on a Porter Cable. I installed several thousand feet of crown molding with it--no problems and not a single jamb. I think I paid around $100 for it.

One more thought, the SFN1 is quite an old model and has been replaced more recently by the SFN40. While some old timers swear by the original, the newer 40 has more power, is lighter in weight and and doen't require cylinder lubrication.
Joe G

Absolutely get it fixed. Mine is now about 18 years old and has been in the repair shop 1 time about 8 years ago. The repair then was about $37.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:12:36 GMT, Marty Escarcega

I guess it depends on your needs. It's a pretty reliable gun that will shoot up to a 2" 15 ga nail. We still have a couple that we keep for back-up but have gone to newer models. I'd say it's worth repairing assuming all the parts are there and you don't need a new piston or some other major part. I think the "o" ring kits are still available and you can check out the Senco site for more info. If you need a longer nail, a newer model will give you more power and some have the ability to handle a 2 1/2" nail.

All of our brad nailers are Senco. There are several models depending on what size and type of brad you need.
Mike O.

Thanks Mike and others. The SFN1 was free, it appears complete, maybe I will order an O-ring kit for it and take it apart and clean it up.
I've seen St. Norm use what appears to be a Senco? Brad Nailer, with a very narrow nose. I have a PC BN200, I like to keep the ability to shoot up to a 2" brad. I have seen the Hitachi at Lowes, seems to have a narrow nose. Further thoughts on the Brad Nailer?