SawStop at Lee Valley Tools

Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?pr156&catQ&ap=1
Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to Lee Valley Tools.
I'm wondering what's next for power tools?
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 02:36:44 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Festool SawStops? Should be around in about five to seven years. ;-)
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 09:22:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I thought patents lasted twenty years? How long have the various SawStop patents been around?
On 10/2/2014 2:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

--
Froz...

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:58:45 -0400, FrozenNorth

Apparently, it's a shipping thing because SawStop manufacturing is in the US Oregon mid west.
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:47:37 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

The basic patents are from 2001, IIRC. There are certainly refinements after that but the basic patents teach everything that's needed to make it work, given a little engineering.
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:58:45 -0400, FrozenNorth

Because everything is "more expensive in Ontario and east of here"? That's why I moved (far) South of "here". ;-)