Sanding block felt?

I'm looking for some ~3/32" thick durable felt to use for sanding blocks. Any ideas?

Reply to
JayPique

Ya mean like this:

MJ

Another:

"block felt sanding". Might be more.

MJ

Reply to
MJ

It's easy enough to make felt - boil some old wool clothing. I use cork instead of felt. A little bit stiffer, but that thin it doesn't really matter as it's more about what you mount it to.

RicodJour

In the UK you can buy self-adhesive dense felt in sheets about 6" x 5" to use on the bottom of chair/table legs etc to stop scratching on polished wood floors. Would probably be OK for sanding blocks? I assume must be available in the US too.

Reply to
Norman Billingham

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:14:03 +0000, Norman Billingham

They do stop scratching, but I think generally they're bought for the fact that they let heavier furniture be slid around more easily.

Reply to
Dave

And to stop chairs from going SCREEEEEEECH when you pull them from the dining room table.

Reply to
Leon

michaels has 1' squares of felt for very little money

Reply to
chaniarts

Walmart has 3.5" X 6" felt blanks, for cutting your own size furniture casters, cheap!

Otherwise, go to your local upholsterer and get whatever size piece of

1/4" felt you need. Upholsterers have 24" X 50' rolls, for padding against (usually seat/decking) springs in furniture.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny