Expansion joint felt rotted away

It's just aesthetic (and a little practical), but I want to fill the gaps in my driveway. They had felt, once upon a time, but as it stands, the joints between the concrete slabs are slowly getting deeper as rain washes through them. They collect leaves and other trash and are a pain to keep clean. Can I just get new felt and jam it in there? I know not to put in anything rigid, but the drones at Lowes & HD seem to feel that it is impossible to put in a joint after the concrete is poured. True?

Reply to
delynch

I would suggest some sort of flexible crack filler rather than the felt. I doubt if the felt is going to last long just jammed in the crack.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I agree with Joseph, look for a concrete caulk or masonry caulk. I think you can find it in a grey color and it'll fill that expansion joint and still allow it to move as needed.

Reply to
louie

Ask for backer rod and Vulcem. If they have no Vulcem, ask for NP1 or SL1. If they don't know what any of these polyurethane caulks are, go to a better store.

DanG

Probably. Look into the heat-melt gap fillers that comes in rolls. You push it into the crack and hit it with a torch. Home Depot will have something.

RicodJour