Safe Stop

Page 3 of 5

<snip>

Nah. I come into the den, and fire up the 'rec...
;)
Patriarch

Politicians Answer : Um, yes.
Engineer's Answer : How heavy is the hammer?
Wrecker's Answer : Is it a Klown Hammer?
Troll Answer : Is it grounded?
Lawyers Answer: Well, yes and no, depending on who is swinging the hammer
SWMBO's answer : He would hit the remote control to see if it stopped that strange feeling in his head.
Your question is too non-specific sir.
Regards Mike

There was nothing nasty in what I wrote. I pointed him to a place where he could get answers to his questions. What's your problem with that?
--
Regards,

Nasty? If you think anyone here is nasty, spend a few days over at rec.outdoors.rv-travel. Salty bunch of bastards!
BTW, ignore Doug and ask away. Most folks over here are pretty easy to get along with. Apparently it's Doug's time of the month.
RonB

I'm waiting for you to make similar comments about CW, whose response to Wayne was considerably more abrupt than mine.

--
Regards,

You are right. But I suspect the OP didn't realize he was ruining so many people's days by asking a simple question.
RonB

It was just a question. sheeeesh.
wayne

thanks Ron. The only other NG, I go to is RORT, so I am used to it.
wayne
Yeah - Go over to rec.outdoors.rv.travel and post a message with header "gun control". You don't need any words and your likely to goe 200 posts.
Not really - kidding.
(Kidding about actually doing it - not the # of posts) - It's like this place. Good folks but salty.
RonB

the ususal two that get the most action are: "why can't I bring my concealed hand guns in to Canada?" and anything that says one make of truck is better then another.
either is usually good for a few days.

Wayne J. wrote:

I have been using one at work for about four months now, and it is a great saw. We all know about the nickel test, well, this saw passes the dime test. I can stand the dime on edge with the saw stopped, turn it on and it hardly even wiggles. I have not told my kids about the safety feature because some would intentionally trip it to see it work. Some of my advanced kids know about it, but I have asked them to keep it to themselves.
Believe it or not, one of our school janitors wanted to see how it worked and touched an allen wrench to the spinning blade and tripped it. Ruined the blade and a cartridge. I was pissed. Another janitor told me who did it and I confronted the dumb turd. He fessed up and bought both out of his own pocket.
Glen
This again? Try Google.

why can't a person just ask a question and not get a civil answer?
Like I have posted above, I have researched this and I am asking for some genuine opinions. If you don't have one, then don't asnwer.
I am very sorry I cam back to this group.
thank you wayne

The subject has been discussed to death. What I got from all the opinions is that the Sawstop company would like to make their patented technology obligatory in the name of safety. They could not persuade nor legislate that. So they decided to make their own machine. Apparently it is generally well made, does what it advertizes, but is expensive. You do the cost-benefit analysis.
--
Best regards
Han

thanks Han.
I am seeing that as it is about $2,000 higher then a Unisaw up here in Canada. I think I may still go with the Unisaw or a Jet.
I am going to go talk to a friend at Lee Valley today, though.
thks Wayne

There you go, smart idea. Advice and or actual experience, perhaps a hands on trial would be the best answer to you questions. As indicated this has been discussed here to some length and many dislike the company and therefore the saw because of the way it was being introduced in the early days. They wanted the government to require that this safety devise be added to ALL saws. Many calimed that the saw would never make it to market because of the lack of interest and or money. It's here, and apparently it is liked my more than a few thought.
Either way, it is a good idea to to the toughy feely thing with any sizeable investment.
Wayne J. wrote:

Check out Powermatic and General as well.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

I used to work for Delta. General is my next favorite. I never could afford a Powermatic.
wayne
Might look at Grizzly 1023 series too. I don't know what shipping into Canada costs but it is in a real similar class as the Unisaw and Jet Cabinet saws.
RonB

Grizzly used to be available in Canada, but now they are not shippping to Canada. The good news is they have an outlet just across the border in Bellingham, Washington. That is very close. I will check out with Canadian Border Services to see if they are restricted for some reason. Probably CSA approval.
thks