Roller Top Desk Cubbyholes

I am making 2 large bookcases (66" long X 42" high X 13" deep) that will have a lot of little cubby holes like a roll top desk. There will be 9 shelves and 5 columns giving me a total of 60 cubby holes in each bookcase.
I am using 1/2 melamine covered particleboard. I am going to use a edge lap joint so that the shelves and columns fit together. Each shelf will have 5 slots and each upright will have 9 slots.
I am going to build 2 jigs to ensure perfect (or at least consistent) spacing. Does anyone have any brilliant ideas so I don't re-invent the wheel that someone else already made???
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me