Robin Hartl - Leaves Hometime - YIKES

Page 3 of 3
Jason Quick wrote:

Cool...
Barry
I don't agree. Thinking back several years to the younger Robin. The last thing I was thinking about nailing was a hunk of wood. :)
Pat

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:37:38 -0800, bureaucrat wrote:

I'd lug her toolbox where ever and however she told me to.
- Doug

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:05:23 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn

I keep getting dizzy around her; no blood left in the upper head, I guess. Did you see her in the black leather pants after she did the round bed surround in the one show, where they wrapped bending plywood and veneer on the freestanding oval whatchahoozit? Maaaaaan, hot, hot, hot!
Of course, I love little Robin Kip, too. I don't recall which show she was on, and she could barely hammer a nail, but she was a little darlin'. Petite -does-it- for me. ;)
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:07:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

No, missed it thank goodness - coulda led to a massive...

Aha, another spinner affectionado ;-)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:55:09 -0700, the inscrutable Doug Winterburn

Bloody 'ell. I'm glad I swallowed that last sip of coffee just before clicking to your reply, dude. Ya almost GOT me. ROTFLMAO!
"Why is the ski rope handle hanging from the bedroom ceiling fan, Larry?"
--

People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but
most of the time they'll pick themselves up and carry on.

Hmm, nice shots. I was trying to see if she had and "work" done. Not sure, perhaps a nip and tuck, but mostly her hair and makeup did change.
Boy, Hometime will be less interesting now.
When JoAnne left, Dean had a farewell event for her, I wonder if there will be one for Robin.
MJ Wallace
If you watched it. Joanne was leaving Hometime because she wanted to take a shot at stand up comedy. I guess that last show was to help launch her new career.
Within a few months her own "home reno" show was on the air.
Makes me wonder whether her comedy career died very quickly, or maybe Joanne just got the last laugh.
---------------------
I liked the young Robin. Following the shows line, of a young couple attacking a remodeling job, it worked. In the end, with the high end hair and makeup, she just didn't look like anyone who would hold a hammer or use a saw.
Pat
On 23 Jan 2005 17:38:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com wrote:

Difficult to predict.
After all, when she leaves, they'll be Hart-less. <groan>
bureaucrat wrote:

the show much for several years. I do however stand by the bimbo/dimwit characterizations.

You've disrespected the Butt (cf: "disrespected the Bing").
The usual terminal measures will follow.
I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.
Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked among the top 10 in the country.
Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the sitcom Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to take the deal with Little Giant.
Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the offer to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.
On 29 Jan 2005 14:24:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It is a great infomercial. :-)
On 29 Jan 2005 14:24:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Somebody ranks infomercials? <G>
For that matter, someone out there has so little of a life that they sit through them? TV is bad enough without the "content" being a 30 minute commercial.
If I wasn't married, I wouldn't even bother with cable or sat TV, with so much to do and so many places and people to see.
Barry
I agree - I'm in the same position and it gripes me every month to pay for 50 more channels that are full of commercials. If it wern't for History, Discovery & HGTV, I'd probably tank it anyway.
Don

D. J. Dorn wrote:

I really ought to. The big trouble with it is that it's addictive. I sit down to watch one show and the whole evening's shot. Nice thing about movies is you go to the movie and 1-1/2 to 5 hours later it's over and you either have to go out to the lobby and get another ticket or go do something else.

--
--John
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:23:16 GMT, Ba r r y

I've often told my sons that if they were not still living with me (ages 14 and 20 years) I would not even have cable. I only use the tv to watch dvd's.
Please_keep_it_in_the snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

kitchen, and one in her hobby room. I've been known to watch the news, Jeopardy, and the occasional PBS show on the one in the living room but I could easily do without cable and still get those.

I have a friend who knows Robin. Here's the real scoop.
Hometime offered to renew her contract for the 13th season last August-04. Throughout 2004, Dean and Robin participated as spokespersons for Little Giant Ladder and shot an infomercial demonstrating the product. Within months, the infomercial was ranked
among the top 10 in the country.
Little Giant Ladder replaced Dean with Richard Karn (Al from the sitcom Home Improvement) and asked Robin to continue as a spokesperson and shoot a new infomercial with Richard. As I understand it, because of
her contract with Hometime, she had to leave the show in order to take the deal with Little Giant.
Apparently the deal was too good to pass up. So she declined the offer to renew with Hometime for a 13th season.
Hi Does any one where Robin is going. We need more DIY shows. Hopefully she will host a new one.