Robin RCD testers

What is the function of this feature on the RCD test meter

It also features a phase angle selector for positive or negative half cycle testing.

Thanks in advance

Jon.

Reply to
John Southern

Go to "instructions.com" and try to get a copy for your tester. But to try and explain how these functions work would probably got to technical for you to comprehend anyway.

Reply to
BigWallop

It's barely possible that some RCDs may not trip on one polarity. For faults to earth involving a diode, or other semiconductor device, it might not trip though there was a lethal fault current flowing. Not (IMO) a big issue.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If you email Robin (go to their web site) they'll send you a manual. Well, they did for me.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On 25 May 2004 10:55:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (John Southern) strung together this:

If you knew the theory behind the answer and\or knew how to use one you wouldn't have asked the question!

Reply to
Lurch

In article , John Southern writes

You are meant to test the RCD at nominal and 5 times nominal on positive and negative half cycles. Test with the button after testing they trip electrically, never before (NICEIC I.Eng guidance though a little sceptical about explanation).

In article , Lurch writes

----

Looks like the plus minus H.C. question was an additional question.

I wasn't entirely sure what he meant... but for completeness, and as someone who actually has one of these devices, the destructions tell you to test (x1 then x5) first on 0 degrees, then 180 degrees then 0 degrees again, and take the last two readings, ignoring the first. With some background theory knowledge the manual (fiddling little paper booklet) is actually very useful.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove