REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

Hi Everyone as a lurker for awhile I've seen some great work, and lots of Plans, but I was looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse. You know, the one that really looks like a horse, with ornate saddle, and carved ends on the rockers. Had a guy who was making them and the people were lining up to order them at 350.00 a pop plus depending on the wood. This one is just for the grand nephew though. Thanks in advance.

Lee snipped-for-privacy@satx.rr.com

Reply to
lhall3

Is this the one you are looking for:

made this one for my daughter. The plan was easy to follow. I would suggest making MDF templates with the paper pattern first to ensure the legs match. Besides, it makes it easier to make those $350 horses. Maybe I'll have to do some moonlighting. It would be nice to earn some money to pay for the obsession.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34

Sun, May 2, 2004, 11:27pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@satx.rr.com says he wants plans: looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse.

Simple. Google - carousel rocking horse plans - 9,000+ hits. Just pick the plans you want. Used to be some free plans out there, but don't know if they're still available or not.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

Hi,

I made three rocking horses using plans from Wood magazine, Nov 1995. They can also be had online,

you'd like to see pics of some of the completed horses, I've got them on my web site at

Nate Perkins

Beautifully done, but a question... the wood looks as if it's one piece or is it glued up and cut out?

Lee

Reply to
lhall3

Hi,

The ones I made were glued up and cut out. I suppose you could use some thicker stock and save some effort doing the laminations. There is some advantage in making the bottom rocker from laminated pieces, because you can orient the grain on the pieces being laminated at an offset -- which makes the curved rockers a bit stronger.

Cheers, Nate

Reply to
Nate Perkins