Thanks for the replies.

Thanks all for your replies as each has been very helpful. I do understand that the longevity of a transparent oil stain is on the short side. Nonetheless, I would still like to try it on my decking while giving the rails a solid stain for better visual interest such as using Cabot brand white. After googling Penofin in the newsgroups and reading many positive comments, I'm very much interested in seeing how striking a transparent oil stain looks compared to the semi-transparent ones that I've seen on other people's decks.

When I get tired of all the work, then I'll move on to something more lasting.

Thanks again, guys. Zee

Reply to
tantu_001