Bay Area Dave on rec.photo.digital

Our fun companion strikes again. I told some slob to f*ck off because he was trying to cast doubt on my having been a Marine, so Dave comes up with this:

Bay Area Dave screeches:

>You have SUCH a way with words, Charlie. Is that why you >write articles for major woodworking magazines? Should we >forward your words of wisdom to your editor?

Are you threatening me? You've lied about my swearing at you on-line in the past. Please do remember that. I took this kind of crap from one clown when I was working for Woodcraft. If you will recall, I am now self-employed and there's no need for me to take it.

If you think an editor would be enlighted by my language, go ahead and forward the piece

Charlie Self "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

Man... that takes me back. "I'm gonna tell Mom!"

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mortimer Schnerd responds:

Thing is, he wasn't involved until that point. Weird guy.

Charlie Self "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m25.aol.com: Hey Charlie, If it makes your editor feel any better, I'll order a subscription specifically because you write for them (or at least re-up my subscription). That should offset the 1 person that may have complained.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

you are paranoid as well as rude. I have ZERO intentions of e-mailing anyone about you, Mr. Self important Charlie! You are such a charmer, especially when you use those cute four letter words you learned in grammar school. You go, Charles!

dave

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

yeah, and what about that time you made a snide comment out of the blue, out of context about ME in another newsgroup, you slimy little TURD. Did you forget what an ass you have been to me, you two-faced jerk? Bite me!

dave

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE IN THE HELL I MENTIONED AN EDITOR????

QUIT PARROTING THE PARANOID BS OF YOUR BUDDY CHARLIE SELFISH!

MORONS!!! This is the type of crap that fries my butt. I make a comment and then someone starts making up lies about what I said and then the lies keep spreading like wildfire. go back and read my other posts, you lie-spreading idiot!

dave

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Quote: "Should we forward your words of wisdom to your editor?"

Reference:

QUIT PARROTING THE PARANOID BS OF YOUR BUDDY CHARLIE SELFISH!

Actually, they are both correct, it is a matter of record on Google. A real man would apologise.

No thanks, weak stomach today. Whassamatta Recon Troll, lost your buddy?

Reply to
Greg Millen

That's a munged serial number, by the by. Cody may be putting his real number up for grabs, but regardless of his sneers, I'd prefer not to put mine out. It's only a single number off. But, what the hell, somehow I managed to get GI Bill college payments, and get my prescrips from VA to this day. Ah, yes. And a GI Bill mortgage.

Charlie Self "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

Dave,

How have you been wronged in life?

Been hugged lately? Have the people near and dear to your heart told you how much you are to them? Have you told them what it means to you those things they give to you?

Do people you know professionally approach you and say, " Thank you for being such an influence on my outlook on life...." or "I would really like to work for you..."

Reply to
Mo' Sawdust

whoopee! you have a serious ego problem, bud. and you lie again when you claim Cody is ANOTHER "tell your momma" person. Don't count me as the OTHER. you are pathetic.

dave

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I couldn't for the life of me find that quote. finally realized it was in the photo ng. so yup, I said it, as an afterthought, and had forgotten. I KNEW I hadn't said it on the Wreck! In any event, I have ZERO plans I emailing anyone about any of this nonsense. I just got sick of seeing charlie's foul mouthed posts showing up on various news groups so I posted here, since he has SAID that he'd plonked me. the only way I could get his attention on the foul mouth issue was to post it here where is buds would forward the message. so sue me!

dave

Greg Millen wrote:

Bay Area Dave

Let it go Charlie, just let it go... You'll *never* have to defend yourself to your friends. True courage is walking away from a fight you know you'll win.

Reply to
mttt

"casting doubt"?? doesn't he know if he was a marine or not? why would he care what someone else thinks of his military career?? I agree with your suggestion he stop defending himself. :)

dave

mttt wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

OK, so what's the deal here, is this really Bay Area Dave, or is it the troll impersonating Bay Area Dave, or something else entirely?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

yes, it's me.

dave

Dave H> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

btw, Dave, when in doubt, just check the headers. I don't post from dizum.com.

dave

Dave H> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

OK, I'm trying to understand what's going on here. Seems to me, that you post some good stuff (sturdi-floor in the other thread, for instance), and it also seems to me that Charlie posts some good stuff. It also seems that you guys just plain don't like each other.

It's odd that you choose to slug it out in public, rather than taking it private and/or just killfiling and ignoring each other. It's just so seemingly inconsistant that two people who have something helpful to say would go out of their way to, well, you know.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

He keeps popping through my filters, and this time, he managed to get to me. I apologize for allowing that, but not for my response to him, here and elsewhere.

If you really want a better idea of how Dave feels about other people, I suggest you do a google search, under groups, specifically (in my experience) rec.woodworking and rec.photo.digital. Then enter his name.

Enjoy.

Charlie Self "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

Nobody asked me, Charlie, but- with ankle-biters like the current attackers, you've few (legal) options but to ignore them. And hope they bugger off.

They highly overestimate their credibility, the two of them.

Nasty people "do" themselves, besides.

John

Reply to
John Barry