PING Bay Area Dave

Well, I got my Powermatic 14" bandsaw set up....wasn,t to much trouble. But, I waited 2 months to get the saw, back-order; then it didn,t have the tensioner bar n knob with it. Dealer said they had a production run problem, I will get it soon, ....I hope. Anyway, I tensioned the blade by hand n fired it up......wow....what a difference from my old Sear`s 14" bandsaw. Diffently think i,m gonna like this one. I got a HTC mobile base for it, and a Wood Slicer blade for re-sawing from Highland Hardware...I don,t do a lotta re-sawing though. I still have a brade new Sear`s 1/2" blade also. I don,t know how good the blade is that it came with, cuts okay in pine. I set the tension for a 3/8 blade, seems a lil loose, may tighten that up after I use it a lil. Anyway, wanna say thanks for the help you gave me along the way in set-up and other info. This saw has a nice finish to it. I used to run my cool blocks closer than these bearing are.....think they,ll be okay.....I,ll let you know when i start another project. Okay, gotta go.......(got all my stationary tools on wheels now...easier for clean-up....later.....George..

Reply to
George Berlinger

George, glad you like your new toy! I used mine today (as I do MOST days spent in the shop). The blade it ships with is really lousy, but your woodslicer is rated super in FWW or one of the mags I read about a week ago. I just got the riser but haven't installed it yet.

You are welcome, for whatever little help I could be. Yes, cool blocks can be run right up against the blade, but I've no problems scrolling with a 3/16 or running straight and true with my 5/8. All in all I like the guides. No matter what height I set the upper guide, it cinches down in exactly the same relative spot to the blade, so there is no fiddling around when adjusting the guide height. It's a "set it and forget it" adjustment.

sorry to hear about the glitch with the knob.

dave

George Berl> Well, I got my Powermatic 14" bandsaw set up....wasn,t to much trouble. But,

Reply to
Bay Area Dave