Bay Area Dave on rec.photo.digital

Reply to
Jules

Hey, Charlie,

Looks like our service tours overlapped a couple of years. I was able to start letting my hair grow out again in '64. But, doesn't look like we shared time at any duty stations. You were Marine Aviation. I had to walk most places I went.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Tom Veatch responds:

I resisted the haircut folly as much as I could...spent half my 4 years hearing, "Self, get a haircut!"

Yeah, I worked hard to stay out of the grunt end of the business. I'm a lousy shot, for one thing. My qualification each year was a close run thing. And somehow I figured the wiring systems of an aircraft might be safer than some guy popping mortar rounds in on me. Pre-RPG days, so what did I know?

Most of the former Marines I know now are either former grunts or engineers, most of them 'Nam vets, an altercation I was fortunate enough to miss. Too late for Korea, too early for 'Nam. Way too old for any of the Gulf War stuff, whether I or II.

Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

Bay Area Dave wrote: : I couldn't for the life of me find that quote. finally : realized it was in the photo ng. so yup, I said it, as an : afterthought, and had forgotten. I KNEW I hadn't said it on : the Wreck! In any event, I have ZERO plans I emailing : anyone about any of this nonsense. I just got sick of : seeing charlie's foul mouthed posts showing up on various : news groups so I posted here, since he has SAID that he'd : plonked me. the only way I could get his attention on the : foul mouth issue was to post it here where is buds would : forward the message. so sue me!

Are you incapable of apologizing?

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

I did apologize in another post, you screwball TWIT! check out my longwinded response to Dave Hinz you ASS!

THEN YOU CAN APOLOGIZE TO ME YOU, YOU BAITING, BLITHERING MORON!

Next time get you facts straight.

DAVE

Andrew Barss wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Mon, May 3, 2004, 3:53pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Dave=A0Hinz) asks: OK, so what's the deal here, is this really Bay Area Dave, or is it the troll impersonating Bay Area Dave, or something else entirely?

You guy's clocks off?

It/s even more sinister than that, it's Bay Area Dave, "impersonating" Bay Area Dave.

JOAT If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.

- Phil Pastoret

Reply to
J T

JOAT asks:

Same guy, IMO.

Charlie Self "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

Bay Area Dave wrote: : I did apologize in another post, you screwball TWIT!

No, you didn't. Having LSD trips again? How retro!

: check out my longwinded response to Dave Hinz you ASS!

: THEN YOU CAN APOLOGIZE TO ME YOU, YOU BAITING, BLITHERING MORON!

So, I guess your answer is "no".

It figures, you little thing you.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

His "apology" and change of heart lasted a couple of hours.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

you are the head IDIOT. can't read.

dave

Andrew Barss wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

the apology was specific. doesn't mean I'm gonna stop posting, you twit!

dave

Dave H> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave