Replace Jet Table Saw Motor.... Help! :)

The motor on my Jet JTAS 10X burned out today -- the windings melted -- and I need to get a new motor ASAP! I've Googled for the past two hours without any success and the Jet website doesn't even list a replacement motor. Can anyone recommend where I may find the correct replacement in a Baldor or other high quality brand? I'm in the middle of building a dresser that must be completed this coming Friday and will need to order and get overnight.

I have found some possibles but they talk about different frame sizes. I haven't been able to find out what this Taiwan motor is, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
RusticRevisions

The last time I bought a motor I looked up electric motor repair shops in the local yellow pages. Turned out there was a sales/repair shop in the next town. If I needed one in a hurry like you seem to I'd bring it to a shop, frame and all, so that the local expert could identify the frame and provide a suitable replacement.

J.

RusticRevisi> The motor on my Jet JTAS 10X burned out today -- the windings melted --

Reply to
John

Why don't you call Jet Service and ask them?

Reply to
BillyBob

Closed for the weekend.

Reply to
RusticRevisions

Thanks for your help! I was in a panic when I posted this because I had the weekend dedicated to finishing my project. Of course, all of the local stores for electric motors are closed until Monday. So I guess this is a good time to clean the shop! :)

Reply to
RusticRevisions

Hmmmm..... I paid about 1200 for the saw three years ago and got a quote from Jet today for a new motor.... They want $500! Sheesh! I might as well dump Jet and go for an American crafted saw.

Reply to
RusticRevisions

On 13 Feb 2006 17:27:01 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "RusticRevisions" quickly quoth:

Nah, if you like the saw, just buy a replacement motor from ANYONE else. Methinks the tool mfgrs are taking replacement part pricing direct from Detroit.

------------------------------------------------- - Clinton never - * Wondrous Website Design - EXhaled.- *

ljaques

What would be an example of an "American crafted saw"? A Unisaw with a Brazilian made WEG motor? A Powermatic 66 with the same motor as your Jet?

Reply to
AL

Have you tried Graingers?

Reply to