Record bench vises $29.99 at Big Lots

A web site I frequent has been going on about this deal for about a week. It's supposed to be the Record 7" quick set woodworkers bench vise. Unfortunately, the two big lot's near me don't have any.

Reply to
kenR

Fri, Jul 11, 2003, 10:30pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@rentz.cc (kenR) moans: Unfortunately, the two big lot's near me don't have any.

I would print out the web page, take it to Big Lots, and tell them to get me one. If I wanted one.

I'm just not sure, do I have more imagination than you guys, or less?

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 25 Jun 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

They're either going to have the thing or they're not. I wouldn't be expecting them to do a nationwide search.

todd

Reply to
todd

Sat, Jul 12, 2003, 9:21pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@rentz.cc (kenR) says: BigLots is

I know exactly what Big Lots is, and how they operate.

If it was me interested, I would have contacted the local manager, and if he couldn't/wouldn't do anything, I would have contacted their web site and started asking them. Maybe they won't help you out, but if you never try, you'll never know. The worst they'll do is say no, but probably not Hell no, and maybe talk to you like your're an idiot for even asking.

Or, I'd at least check if there were any other stores in my general area, then let my fingers do the walking. Find a store with one, talk nice, and probably they would hold one for you, for awhile anyway.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT