Cliffs Safety Glasses at Big Lots

My local Big Lots has these Cliffs (Cliff Weil,Inc.) glasses, They have a website, looks like a big company

guess there like safety glasses,(well they are) but they were only $2.00. They have them in clear and in shaded . I got them to try out for riding the motorcycle, but thought you might want to check them out. No personal interest or affiliation with either company, so please don't "go there" They would be nice as safety glasses too, as there comfortable. I'm going to get another pair for the shop. Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Nothing on Cliff Weil's web site indicates that any of the products they sell are safety glasses. In my state glasses worn for motorcycle operation have to be ANSI approved safety glasses unless worn with an approved face shield.

For $2.00 it ain't gonna happen.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

My eyes are worth more than $2.00. I wear Smith&Wesson that I get from my heavy equipment rental. I pay $8.00 for them. Worth it to me. I wear them all the time even when I am not working. I have raccoon eyes from wearing them so much

D.

Reply to
Don D.

That's funny. My eyes are worth more than $2.00... they're worth $8.00 dammit!

My safety glasses cost me about $2.00 but I often see them marked up as high as $10.00. Does that count?

By the way, I get my glasses at

Find the safety glasses section and look for Gateway Starlite Safety Glasses. I also use them for motorcycle riding glasses. They are fantasic.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Cliff's glasses don't even say anything about safety. I do wonder if they are. Don't really care. I just do know I the ones I use have deflected steel bits flying when I am working and grinding. Just my .02 Price is good but the word SAFETY sounds better to me. Don D.

Reply to
Don D.

Not to get lost in all this is that you all do the right thing and protect your eyes. I, myself, buy the 8.00 jobbies at the borgs, and have about 6 pairs of them going right now. They are laying all over the shop so I almost always have a pair at arms reach... but every month or so they accumulate in one spot and I have to redistribute them. :-)

Mike W.

ANTH> My local Big Lots has these Cliffs (Cliff Weil,Inc.) glasses, They have a

Reply to
Mike W.

Sam's Club has a package of 12 pairs of safety glasses for $24. I stopped at Sam's yesterday to get these, but I thought they were 6 pairs for around $12. Turns out they have 6 pairs on each side of package.

I didn't have $24 on me so I have to go back another time. I do have safety glasses, but they are all scratched pretty bad.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Yes, I'm sure these would cost more in a regular store. Seem to be really well made, I'm sure there every bit as good as the ones you pay $30.00 at the Harley Shop. I'm going to try to write the site to see if there ANSI approved . JMO YMMV

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Sun, Jan 15, 2006, 3:26pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (ANTHONY=A0DIODATI) adviseth: My local Big Lots has these Cliffs

Love Big lots. Hate safety glasses. Prefer a face shield, don't like sawdust blasting my face.

JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Love Big lots. Hate safety glasses. Prefer a face shield, don't like sawdust blasting my face.

-----Original Message----- From: Anthony Diodati [mailto:mrbrXXXXXXXXXXX] Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 10:18 PM To: Info Info Subject: Question/Safety Glasses

Hi, I found these safety glasses at a big lots store, But I don't see any info about safety glasses at your site. These glasses seem to be made very well by the way, and are comfortable too. I was wondering if they are ANSI approved? Don't know if this helps, but on the bag there is the # 7512 RCH MA GY AF Thanks Anthony Diodati

There Reply.................................... We recently closed out of all of our safety eyewear because we no longer manufacture it. All of our safety eyewear meets ANSI Z87.1 standards and all safety lenses have 99.9% UV protection.

Thanks, Angel

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

Package claims ANSI Z87.1

Reply to
Larry Kraus

So since Cliffs no longer sells/manufactures safety glasses are the ones you bought ANSI Z87.1-2003, ANSI Z87.1-1989 or non-ANSI?

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

So since Cliffs no longer sells/manufactures safety glasses are the ones

Not real sure about all that, I think they're pretty decent though.......YMMV I'll E Mail The company back and see what she says.

Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

comfortable

I seriouslly doubt they would be ANSI Z87.1-1989

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI

ANSI Z87.1-2003 changed the way glasses are tested, to include the frames along with the lenses. It is not mandatory for manufactures to follow the 2003 standards although most have voluntarily complied.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Thanks Angel, A fellow on one of the newsgroups had this question too.

They are ANSI Z87.1-2003...................................Thanks!

They do seem to have a nice heavy duty frame. If you need a pair, check them out. I plan on picking up a few more pair. Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
ANTHONY DIODATI