LN Now Sells Bench Vises

FYI - Lie-Nielsen now sell bench vises made by an old German company.

Never Enough Money

bench screws and vises, made by

, the same folks that make Morgan vises currently.

Reply to
AAvK

Thanks. I didn't check every link on

but I didn't find the same vises. They looked nice but I could not find a tail vise, for example.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

install and you can put a board between the screws. Seems like you have to take the thing apart to get to the chain and you can't skew the jaws if you want to. For about $100 less I'd still go with the Veritas Twin Screw.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Look for "tail vise" at wws, they explain who makes them and not mentioned on milwmal.com... on the other hand here's the link:

AAvK

It looks good, but by what you say it doesn't make sense for the money!

Reply to
AAvK

Would have to compare fit and finish to decide for sure.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find a 1 1/4" shoulder screw since woodcraft stopped carrying them.

What's up with the welded tail vises? Have people experienced problems with the unwelded versions?

Reply to
petermichaux