Record No 3 Bench Vice

My Record Vice has stopped unwinding; have dismantled & oiled up, and assume something has broken/fallen off. It's fine when rotating clockwise to close jaws; any clues as to how I could rectify valued.

The parts that I can get out are the handle/threaded shank, on which there's a washer & spring, which I assume are on the front of the unit as you reassemble.

What should be pulling the jaws back together?

Reply to
Gel

There is a spring, washer and split pin (cotter pin)that goes through the shaft.

Washer via spring pushes on sliding part of vise.

-
Reply to
Mark

Thanks Mark; split pin obviously missing; too dark now, but must look harder for split pin hole. Which end of shaft is it, near handle end?

Reply to
Gel

Yes.

Reply to