Really?

Page 1 of 3
http://reason.com/blog/2010/05/05/video-of-swat-raid-on-missouri
Robatoy wrote:

Sure. People who keep track of this sort of thing say it happens all the time.
In 2008, the MAYOR of a Maryland town was brought to Jesus by the local SWAT team. Got their little dogs too.

It is awful hard not to Godwin a response.
Robatoy wrote:

One pundit asked:
"Do we really want to live in a country where when someone busts into your house at night you're supposed to assume they might be cops?"
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/05/quote-of-the-year/56385 /
On Mon, 10 May 2010 13:06:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Yep it really happened
In forth:

They'll probably confiscate their home and cars under the zero tolerance law, too. F**KIN" BASTARDS need to be charged
On 5/10/2010 3:06 PM, Robatoy wrote:

This guy spends a fair bit of time and these sorts of things:
http://www.theagitator.com /

Yeah, looks bad.... really bad.
But it highlights another problem too. Namely, press coverage (especially internet coverage) with little or no backup information on which to decide. The video looks condemning, and I fully understand the implications discussed so far.
But I know NOTHING beyond the little video and commentary on the webpage.
Do the parents have a prior history of major drug dealing, firearms possession, or child endangerment? Any prior arrests or convictions, or connections with convicted criminals? Did the judge who issued the warrant have adequate justification? Was the use of a SWAT team justified by previous information? Was the child endagerment charge solely related to the pot possession charge, or were the parents also indicted for running a meth lab elsewhere?
I DON'T KNOW. I need to know such information before I can act as juror.
-Zz

I know some fellows who train local SWAT teams, and as a rule they don't hold them in very high regard. Local departments get federal money to equip these teams as part of that enormous ongoing comedy act, The War On Drugs. But they don't get enough training and most of the officers spend most of their time writing traffic tickets and locking up drunks--the SAS they are not. You can see and hear it in this video, that raid is amateur night at the local bar and grill. You can hear one cop yelling to the others to "slow it down" because he knows they're getting excited and messing up, they don't know if the suspect is cuffed yet or not, they're barging around like it's their first time. If it's true they shot at a *Corgi* in addition to the pit bull--well that's pathetic. It also kind of sounds like the child endangerment charge is them and the DA, embarrassed, reaching for something--anything--to justify their Keystone Cops raid.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn the parents are far from innocent. But the cops are supposed to be better than that, when they do a full-on raid with body armor and heavy firepower they had better drag out a few illegal weapons and a steamer-trunk of heinous chemicals, not a misdemeanor amount of weed.

And wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the 'suspects' leave the house and arrest them as they exit.

of these beast and the worst thing they would be guilty of would be slobbering on the swat team in hope of begging treats from them.
basilisk

Well, they might nip an ankle or three ...
On 5/11/2010 2:37 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

What, a government agency do something that makes sense?!?!?!?! Dream on.

Wouldn't it have made sense if Janet Reno had decided to wait for David Koresh to go into town to buy a sixpack?

Wouldn't it have made sense if Janet Reno had decided to wait for David Koresh to go into town to buy a sixpack?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He jogged. Almost daily. Hard to hide a mortar in your jogging trunks.
Same thing with Weaver, he went to town now and then.
On 5/11/2010 10:04 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

You've got your agencies confused there. BATF ran the initial raid, FBI didn't get involved until the BATmen had as usual already screwed it up beyond all repair. BATF at the time worked for Treasury, which was under Rubin, FBI works for Justice which was under Reno.
IMO instead of moving BATF to Justice in 2002, the whole lot should have been moved to Gitmo.

But The Untouchables don't work that way.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

This technique was considered during the dust-up with the Branch Davidians and rejected as "not being much fun."

I swear as I was watching this video the lyrics to "Guns of Brixton" by the clash came to mind...
...When they kick down your front door, how you gonna come? with your hands on your head or the trigger of your gun...
says...

Like we heard they could have done in WACO?

Precisely. Koresh jogged several times a week.