Re: Q: on Bandsaw "Flatness" Table Pin

Just tap it in with a small hammer or mallet till it stops. It's there to add stiffness and prevent the table from flexing fore and aft because of the blade slot. When you need to change the blade just pull it out with pliers.

Layne

How am I supposed to "dork" with the Table Pin on my Jet 14" bandsaw? The >manual doesn't really say much about it, other than to insert it. > >Am I supposed to push it in a certain distance or so? >I can't see it in the manual, but I could'a sworn I read somewhere it was >for setting the "flatness" of the table?! Or is it simply there to annoy you >when changing blades? > >Thanks! >
Reply to
Layne

Dave W

Is that why you are earning money hokding out a tin can to strangers in the subway now? Sounds like you worked for a bunch of hard asses. Good luck on your new job.

Reply to
Byron

Not that it matters but......I think I learned some very important lessons in that shop. Two that come to mind are to respect the machinery and that safety in the shop is serious business. Regards dave

Reply to
Dave W