Re: Q: on Bandsaw "Flatness" Table Pin

Just tap it in with a small hammer or mallet till it stops. It's there to add stiffness and prevent the table from flexing fore and aft because of the blade slot. When you need to change the blade just pull it out with pliers.
Layne

Geez Louise, tapping a tapered pin into a tapered hole in cast iron is looking for a broken table! I push my pin with thumb until it snugs. To remove use fingers. PLIERS??? In in a machine shop where I worked, that was a firing offense.....as a matter of fact, putting any adjustable wrench on a machine part was absolutely prohibited. While I am on the subject, leaving the chuck key in a drill press lathe or milling machine chuck ...even for a moment was grounds for dismissal. Dave <Layne> wrote in message

Is that why you are earning money hokding out a tin can to strangers in the subway now? Sounds like you worked for a bunch of hard asses. Good luck on your new job.
Not that it matters but......I think I learned some very important lessons in that shop. Two that come to mind are to respect the machinery and that safety in the shop is serious business. Regards dave