purpose of bandsaw table pin?

what is the purpose of the pin in the side of the bandsaw table? Also, any sources for zero clearance inserts for 16" jet?

Reply to
mel

Insert a screw driver under the pin (in the slot) tap the end with a hammer, the pin will come out so you can replace the blade.

Reply to
Rumpty

keeps the table halves aligned. Notice if you remove the pin, you MIGHT feel a ridge when sliding wood across the table, at the junction. The cast top may or may not exhibit misalignment with the pin out, but that's why it's there.

dave

mel wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Aligns the split cast iron table top. As others have said, no big deal to remove and replace for blade changing. Some pins are attached with a short length of light chain so they don't 'walk away'. Folla? Tales of a Boatbuilder Apprentice

Dave Fleming

Mel

It's there to keep the two sides of the table on the same plane. Without it, one or the other could rise up and put the table off flat.

Tom Plamann

Tom Plamann

I likes the new upper left photo there, Tom. I was askeered of the other one.

Yer freind, Mikey

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Reply to
bynot

Keeps both sides of the table slot aligned.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 03:34:13 GMT, Michael Baglio brought forth from the murky depths:

Heeeeeeey! Tom got more than his meds refilled. Boosterspice?

-- SAVE THE PARROTS! Eschew the use of poly! ----------

Poly-free Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 04:00:03 GMT, Phisherman brought forth from the murky depths:

...so the table stays flat on that side.

-------------------------------------- PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience --------------------------------------------

- Web Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

THAT explains why I always thought of Larrykins as "Hindmost".

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

Roll your own? I made a reduced clearance insert for my 14" Grizzly.

I cut a disk using the existing insert along with just enough slot. The wood was considerably thicker than the old insert (which was a bit short of the table surface as it happens), so I put it in upside down and worked the rim down to the right thickness. Works like a champ.

yours Michael

Reply to
Michael Houghton

Reply to