Re: Pine Entrance Door; Strip or paint?

We have a natural wood door that I built using paduk and cedar. It's oiled and finished with an alkyd resin (Cabot's Clear Coat.) I expect to refinish it every couple of years but that's not too much since we really like the appearance.
To restore a painted door I'd urge you to look carefully at strippers made by Dumond Chemical (New Jersey I believe.) These strippers should be available at any good paint store. Peel Away 6 is probably what you will want to use for a door.
Other strippers may cost less but when you're finished you'll discover that Peel Away is the best from a cost/performance/ease of use perspective.