Bandsaw blade length question

When the specifications for a bandsaw call out a size (length) what is the convention on making up a band for it?

The reason I ask is that I have a saw that takes a 150" band according to the manual. I have 1/8", 1/4", 1/2 and 3/4" width bands that go one easy with about an inch clearance when wheel is retacted to install.

I have another band that you have to roll on. I just measured it after spending 15 minutes getting it off and it is exactly 150".

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Measure the other blades that go on with ease and see how they compare

Reply to
John-R W