Re: Pine Entrance Door; Strip or paint?

We have a natural wood door that I built using paduk and cedar. It's oiled and finished with an alkyd resin (Cabot's Clear Coat.) I expect to refinish it every couple of years but that's not too much since we really like the appearance.

To restore a painted door I'd urge you to look carefully at strippers made by Dumond Chemical (New Jersey I believe.) These strippers should be available at any good paint store. Peel Away 6 is probably what you will want to use for a door.

strippers may cost less but when you're finished you'll discover that Peel Away is the best from a cost/performance/ease of use perspective.

Phil

Judy wrote:

I really would like to have a natural wood door and wondered if > stripping paint and finishing is a logical option? Any suggestions, > type of stripper or finsh will be appreciated. Thanks
Reply to
PC