RE: O/T: Yawn

Guess it is one of those days.
Lew
On 12/29/2013 9:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Things will change next year.
Meanie wrote:

I have Avast also, but don't advertise it.
--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly
G. Ross wrote:

That didn't come out like I meant it. I meant that I don't let them use me for free advertising.
--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly

Aren't you advertising it by saying that you also use it?
On 12/30/2013 2:24 AM, G. Ross wrote:

It appeared after I started using it and I cannot find it to delete. If you can offer suggestions to remove it, I'll be more than willing to do so.
I use Thunderbird and it's not in my signature line.

There used to be a place to turn off the mail sig but I don't see it in v2014. Possibly, turn off the mail shield, it serves no purpose...it is redundant.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

There are different versions of Avasti. You pay more money, they don't spam everybody.
Lee Michaels wrote:

I use the free version of Avast.
--
 GW Ross

 A Puritan is someone who is deathly
On 12/30/2013 9:08 PM, G. Ross wrote:

I also use the free version which I assume is why it's there and one reason why I simply decided to tolerate it after failing to discover how to delete it.
On 12/30/2013 10:34 PM, Meanie wrote:

You can clear it, fire up the Avast UI. (thinks works for v9.x free) Settings->Active Protection -> Mail -> (Click on the gear) -> Behaviour -> Uncheck Insert note into clean outgoing.
--
Froz...

On 12/30/2013 11:24 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

test
On 12/31/2013 8:17 AM, Meanie wrote:

Woohoo, that did it. I assume that's what dadiOH was referring to also. In mail, there's an option which I overlooked in mail shield "scan newsgroup message". I unchecked it and that was it.
Thank you both.