RE: O/T: Pound Of Flesh

Well a jury in Boston decided they wanted a pound of flesh rather than cost effective justice and thus will start a multi year legal process that will accomplish little except the expenditure of obscene amounts of money that will line the pockets of the lawyers involved.

His execution will be little more than an anticlimactic footnote in the history of this tragedy.

The process will certainly make a martyr of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the ISIS world, definitely not a desired outcome.

Putting him in an iron cage in Colorado, out of sight, out of mind, would certainly more be less costly and far more effective.

What have you heard from the Unabomber, or the ShoeBomber lately?

Must qualify this post since having been in an execution chamber when I was still a young man may slant my outlook on capital punishment, but doubt it.

Off the stump.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:55568f85$0$44075 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Agreed. ISIS types *want* to die at the hand of the "infidel" so they will get those 72 virgins - or whatever.

Reply to
Baxter

And this my friends, is how High Treason Obastard got elected and how America and the entire free West will be destroyed by the massed mediocre legions of incurious, unread and uninterested indoctrinated since birth, asshat nitwits. God help us all. Gun up, patriots.

San Diego, California

David Lane

He is going to be dead. We won't have to feed the slime or let him out of his cell. Not much cost. And it is so fitting for someone who walked up to his brother and shot him in the head. Really. I'm surprised he didn't shoot himself right after. But he hid in a boat.

Mart> Well a jury in Boston decided they wanted a pound of flesh rather than

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

[snip]

Works for me. They also want Sharia law and think we're dumbasses (and they'd be correct in many instances if only looking at our highly visible politicians).

Make their day. Let him meet 72 Virginians who will then proceed to stone him to death. LOL!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

He is guilty and because no one suspected him of being a murderer before his cowardly act, he is unpredictable, and therefore not salvageable. A bullet to his head now, is the simplest and best solution.

Reply to
Leon

Oh! is it no up to 72 virgins now ??? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

That's a problem in our legal system, not an indictment of capital punishment.

I suspect that if he were put in the general prison population he wouldn't live long anyway.

Personally, I believe in punishment that fits the crime. Execution by lethal injection is much too good for him. Strapping him to a pressure cooker bomb might be more fitting.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

+1

Having witnessed an execution by lethal injection, it's WAY too good for them. Basically the only difference between putting him down that way and putting him under for heart surgery is that they don't want him coming back. Not so much as a twitch. We heard a sigh and he was gone. It certainly did not fit the crime (three dead due to poisoning by heavy metal, and a 4th who survived.)

Screw 'em!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

What all of you are concurring on is the brokenness of the US legal system. Too bad he did not face Judge Roy Bean. (or even better, Black Jack Pershing of Urban Legend)

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb