RE: Neat Jig Courtesy of WoodSmithShop

Page 3 of 3

most recent application was a bunch of 1/8 inch roofing strips for some Lincoln Logs for the grand kids. I cut some scrap ply into strips a tad under 1-1/2 inches. then about 4 inches long for the end pieces. These are held on with a drywall screw, and can be turned over when really chewed up. Heck, for the truly frugal, the ends could even be trimmed and the end piece reused at least once.
Anyway, twobufour, twobusix, etc. make really cheap push sticks, and I never sweat cutting one up to the point of trashing it. Plenty of other scrap to make more. To fancy it up, drill a 3/8 in hole on top near the end and stick one of those shaker mug pegs in it for a handle. Really classes up the pushstick and impresses the ladies.
Now if I only had some JOAT yellow.......
Regards, Roy
Regards, Roy
CW wrote:

Myself ... just did a bunch of 3/16", 1/4" and 2/8" strips for trim, about 200lf. I use either the Gripper, and/or a thin push stick when necessary, precisely the desired width from end to end.
I find that the repeated fence settings with these jigs cause small, but aggravating variations in width that either waste stock, or bite you in the butt when you least expect it.
YMMV ....
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

That is why you cut'm a tad strong and then run them through your "drum sander". ;~)
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:04:28 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Do you have a lot of call for the 2/8" strips, Swingy?
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine