neat factoid

a dripping faucet can waste 3 gallons a day 1095 gal a year. A hole in a pipe 1/16" at 60psi will leak out 25,000 per month over 800 gal per day. That is a hole the same width of a pin.

A 1/4" hole (about the size of a straw) will leak 394,000 gal per month. over 500 gal per hour

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Try telling that to some idiot with a bad flapper in his WC. They get religion real fast when the water bill is due.

I do notice my city fixes water main leaks fast. I see them all the time, my granddad put them in about a 100 years ago. Most streets turn into a city swimming pool. They'd been due to be replaced about 50 years after they were installed by him according to type of pipe used back then. Typical government thinking.

Reply to
Red Jacket