Re: Misc observation

Oh horse-shit!
We went through this a month or two ago.
He ran into a tree and a bunch of women fell out of it because the SOB can't keep his pants zipped. It's his zipper and his dick and don't try to convince anyone that he wasn't trolling. In addition to screwing a bunch of bimbos, he screwed his family, his friends, his fans, his sponsors and himself. If feel sorry for the others but not him.
As I said earlier. Tiger was among the last larger-than-life sports celebrities that our youth could look up to. It appeared as though he had his act together.
Now what do you tell you kids or grandkids.
RonB
On 2/19/2010 8:49 PM, RonB wrote:

Get all you can, while you can??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
RonB wrote:

That jocks suck, poorly.
In forth:

NOT to look up to athletes or celebrities. Find someone that actually contributes to society
"ChairMan" wrote:

Some of them do a lot of dumb things; however, many of them also have established foundations to address problems that otherwise would probably fall thru the cracks.
Those efforts definitely qualify as positive contributions to society.
Even Tiger, with his follies, some remarkable foundations.
Lew

Exactly ! ! !
We put too much stock in celebrity status. Its a GAME they are playing. You want heroes and role models? Look to your hard working family and friends that are doing a lot to help others. Sure they are good at what they do, but being a great pitcher or fantastic actor does not make you a good person.
We have a Hall of Fame for every sport, but we have no Nurses Aid Hall Of fame. Which person is really more important in every day life?

True. How many of us grew up thinking John Wayne was a hero?
Charlie Self wrote:

Or that I would have more girlfriends than Rock Hudson?
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:12:35 -0800 (PST), the infamous Charlie Self

Me! (he wore a _white_ hat ;) I've never looked up to an athlete, 'cept in the Olympics. _Never_ a jock, especially today.
-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn
RonB wrote:

I'd tell my kids if you want to play golf, look at Tiger, if you want to look up to someone, look at me! Why would anyone tell there kids to look up at celebrities for anything?
--
Jack
"A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers"
Jack Stein wrote:

There are thousands of better choices other than celebrities.