Re: Delta ss350 scroll saw circuit board repair

I have a Delta SS350 scroll saw whose speed control is not working > properly. >

> Has anyone repaired one of these? > > If so, the details of the control board would be of interest to me.

General practice dictates replacement, not field repair, of PC boards.

Has to do with using wide tolerance componets except for the last resistor and or capicator on the board.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Would it be easier to scrap the Delta circuit board and get a cheap external router speed control and wire the motor to it?

I checked and the replacement cost is about $80...if the board can be found.

Checking the original board shows one IC...which has been defaced so the user cannot substitute a new IC.

With crap like this, Delta is quickly losing me as a long time customer.

TMT

Reply to
Jay R