Re: Delta ss350 scroll saw circuit board repair

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

General practice dictates replacement, not field repair, of PC boards.
Has to do with using wide tolerance componets except for the last resistor and or capicator on the board.
--
Regards,

Lew Hodgett
Would it be easier to scrap the Delta circuit board and get a cheap external router speed control and wire the motor to it?

I checked and the replacement cost is about $80...if the board can be found.
Checking the original board shows one IC...which has been defaced so the user cannot substitute a new IC.
With crap like this, Delta is quickly losing me as a long time customer.
TMT