Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in decent shape.

BB

Reply to
BB

Model Number?

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I believe it is a Delta 40-650 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw - Somewhere vaguely back in my mind I remember talking to someone who said the ones with the rheostat would eventually burn out. Any info would be appreciated.

BB

Reply to
BB

Don't know about that model. I have a 40-601 which was the last American made Delta scroll saw. A great saw, however, it has been out of production for about 14 years, and I'm not sure you can get the electronic module for it anymore. I have an extra just in case.

With any tool, particularly one with electronic components, you should get on the Delta servicenet and make sure that it is still serviced if it is not still in production.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

The last time I checked Delta had one. If I remember correctly, it was around 200.00. I had a 40-601 for 20 years and cut thousands of items out with it. It finally wore out. I ended up tossing it and bought a Delta 350. You can't compare the new to the old. I have been looking for another 40-601 on Ebay. Not much luck.

If you can fix the 40-601, you should. The new and old just don't compare.

wooder

Reply to
wooder

replying to BB, ken wrote: Are you looking to sell the saw, I'm interested K P B

Reply to
ken

Might get a bargain, some 12 years and a day after that post if he has not sold it yet.

Reply to
Markem

replying to wooder, Ilene S Terrell wrote: BB: I have a 40-601 in mint condition with stand and light. I have the original manual that came with it. I just didn't use it much and it is sitting in my shop. I can send pics if you are interested. It has the stand and the light as well and a bunch of blades. If interested, let me know.

Reply to
Ilene S Terrell

replying to BB, Ilene S Terrell wrote: BB: I just sent a reply to you, I thought, through wooder. I have a 40-601 in mint condition and don't use it. It is complete with light and stand and blades. It has not seen much use in the years since I purchased it new. It also has the manual. If you are interested, please reach out to me and maybe we can work it out.

Reply to
Ilene S Terrell

IILENE, DID YOU EVER SELL YOUR 40-601? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU GET FOR IT, IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING? I'VE GOT ONE I'D LIKE TO PART WITH AS WELL. THANKS. WOODY

Reply to
WOODY WORKER

Woody, I would be interested in buyer your 401 saw.

Reply to
Tasterra guy

I bought 2 new back in the early 80's. One left and it works great

Reply to
Dallas

I had one and it was a horrible saw but a good boat anchor. I gave it away.

Reply to
Leon

Don't you mean you gave it aweigh? ;-)

DerbyDad03

lol

I didn't know that submarines had anchors. Seems a bit counterproductive.

Reply to
krw