Re: Charlie Self's newsletter

Mon, Jan 9, 2006, 9:58am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Charles=A0Self) doth inform us: I am past the date for starting

No prob Charlie, most of us know life gets in the way, with many endeavors. When you can. Later.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Charlie ...

I have a small suggestion for you regarding your website. Looking at the code on your home page, a couple of lines down from the top, there is the "html" tag, followed on the next line by the "head" tag, followed by the "title" tag which encloses the word "Home." I recommend that you change "Home" to "Charlie Self Online" or some other more descriptive variation. The reason for this is that when someone bookmarks your site, it currently shows up only as "Home" in their Bookmarks or Favorites list. Changing the Title tag will make it easier for people to find you when they want to return to your site.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

Good idea. Now, all I have to do is figure out how. This thing is an easy-to-do freebie from Yahoo, and I'm more transparent than the code is, at least to me. I'll give it a shot, though, as that sounds like a help.

Reply to
Charles Self

If the Yahoo webpage creation soft ware allows you to edit the title of a page after you have created it, that's all you need to do. If it doesn't let you do that, the process is only slightly more complicated.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

When I bookmarked it earlier today it showed up as "Charlie's Woodworking Info".

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Same here.