Generac model 09067-9 manual or schematic wiring

Storaged for 3 years. Start and run perfect but for few seconds only. Oil level is ok so the spark plugs.

Reply to
Roberto

My 2 Cents

Is this what we're talking about - link below .. ?

Oil level or oil pressure shut-down perhaps ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Can't help with the manual, but a good place to start with diagnosing is to put a voltmeter on it and see if it's putting out voltage during the brief period it runs. If it's not, the controller will shut it down. No voltage, you know it's a generator section problem, not the engine. If you see normal voltage, then it's most likely an engine problem. I had one with a shot rotor that did what you describe. From what I've seen, these Generac's are a disaster. The reviews on Amazon were terrible few years ago when I last looked.

Did you try googling for the service manual for that model?

Reply to
trader_4

replying to Roberto, Iggy wrote: Here's the best manual I could find right off -

the 09067-9 and 09067 yielded nothing on Generac's site.

Reply to
Iggy

Barring some sort of automatic shut down, that sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Maybe a partially plugged fuel filter or float level in the carburetor.

Reply to
gfretwell

My 09067-9 just began shutting down on its weekly run after about 7 seconds. It runs fine on manual start and the voltage it puts out is good. Generac service guy said yesterday the problem is the motherboard. It's pricey and due to the inexperience of the guy not confident that's the problem.

Reply to
Rich K

Is 7 seconds enough time to know that it's working? If you can start it manually, that just leaves power failures in the middle of the night, you have to get dressed and go out side in the cold to start it (or can you start it from inside) A small price to pay to avoid dealing with a rapair man.

Reply to
micky

That's what I was thinking too. Two choices, repair it so it will auto-start or use it manually. A bad control board sounds like a reasonable culprit, but this seems like odd behavior. When they start they look for correct voltage after some number of seconds and if that isn't there, it will shut down. The one I dealt with did that even when manually started though. They also have an oil pressure sensor that can stop it. I can't think of a reason why it would behave differently when it runs it's weekly test, nor what would fail on a controller board to cause that. Another idea, try cutting it over to the house and making sure it keeps running.

Reply to
trader_4