Re: CFV: rec.woodworking.all-ages

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

Why does that bother you if you have no plans to use the group?
--
Bill

(which have been cited ad nauseum in earlier posts, by myself and many others) and I'm arguing that the charter does not, in fact, provide any discernible positive aspects which would counterbalance the negatives. Thus the creation of the new group has an overall negative effect.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

I don't have a problem with Ebay posts here, but you just clarified that charters can have some bearing. That was my point. I never told you to vote "yes" on the soft wreck. I did not vote "yes" either.
--
Bill

I never said that charters didn't have any bearing, just that in this case at least, the only discernible effects the charter would have are negative.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

They would not be perceived as negative by those in favor of the inclusions. Again. my point was just to demonstrate to JOAT that charters can have some bearing..I agree not much, but *some*. Whether or not you like the specific aspects of the charter have no bearing on that.
--
Bill

If by "some" you mean "only infinitesimally greater than zero" I guess I'd have to agree.
In the only aspect that is likely to make much difference to JOAT, that would have to be *none*, not "some". As I pointed out, closing off one mail-to-news gateway of the hundreds that exist not only won't stop the troll(s), it won't even slow them down very much.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

That would be good for the wreck..all the good offers will be posted here and only here.
--
Bill

Here is a link to the Dizum response to Bob S.
http://tinyurl.com/2ahms
--
Bill