Question RE: Riser Blocks

I'm a new bandsaw owner (Grizzly G0555) an am curious as to what you do when you install riser blocks on a bandsaw. Do you just leave them on all the time and use the longer blades? Is there any harm in this? Thanks for any tips.
Kevin Daly http://hometown.aol.com/kdaly10475/page1.html
"Kevin Daly" wrote in message

Yessir ... installing riser blocks is quite an operation, and expensive with regard to blades, so most consider it a permanent modification.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04
In rec.woodworking snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Kevin Daly) wrote:

I have the same saw and yes, I leave it like that. There is no good reason not to since it still adjusts the rollers all the way down and it is about a 30-60 minute deal to change it.