Question RE: Riser Blocks

I'm a new bandsaw owner (Grizzly G0555) an am curious as to what you do when you install riser blocks on a bandsaw. Do you just leave them on all the time and use the longer blades? Is there any harm in this? Thanks for any tips.

Kevin Daly

Kevin Daly

Yessir ... installing riser blocks is quite an operation, and expensive with regard to blades, so most consider it a permanent modification.

Reply to
Swingman

I have the same saw and yes, I leave it like that. There is no good reason not to since it still adjusts the rollers all the way down and it is about a 30-60 minute deal to change it.

Reply to
Bruce