Python memory use (psyco, C++)

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:16:02 +0000 (UTC), Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

It's OK, he's just sore that he can't write in Perl with his toggle switches. I look at it as the Leatherman of tools - sure, there are specialized tools that can get you the last 1% of functionality, but for 99% of what I'm doing, I can use perl for it.
The _real_ question is, ... VI or EMACS?
Dave Hinz

Isn't emacs a mail or news reader? What does it have to do with perl and editing?
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:16:16 +0000 (UTC), Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

It has nothing at all to do with editing, of course. I think you're wrong about what EMACS is, though, I thought it was an interface for "adventure", isn't it? "You're in a maze of twisty corridors, all alike" and all that?
Dave "vim, actually..." Hinz
message

Nope, and the OP must've missed the fact you work @ Intel. :)

Hrrm? emacs runs just fine on a lot of OS's which run on Intel processors. It might even run on windows too, but I'm not likely to try for at least two reasons.
Dave Hinz wrote:

VAX/VMS rules! Or at least it did once upon a time.     j4

Yeah - just tugging at his leg and ignoring BSD's, Linux's, etc. Thanks for the Adventure reminder. Played it on a DEC-10, odd machine that one, years ago.
Took me and a co-worker a couple of months to finish it, but we did. He had the patience to map out the second maze.
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ wrote:

What ever gave you the idea that EMACS is a mail or news reader? It's one of the two standard editing tools in the Unix world, the other being vi, and the choice of which is something of a religious issue akin to gun control or "Mac vs PC". Perhaps you are confused because there is a newsreader ("gnews") that runs under EMACS.
--
--John

Caught one!!! Hook, line, and sinker! :^)
I'll quit using vim and xterms when you pry my cold, dead fingers from my keyboard.
Chris
--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa

Dave Hinz wrote...

You wanna be SHUNNED?! Harrumpf, indeed. Trying to start a RELIGIOUS discussion on the wreck. Sheesh. (G)
Jim
message

Oh! I'm sorry!
<ducking... :) >

There are days that I *really* wish that Al Capp's mythical radical student group from the 1960's/1970's -- "Students Wildly Indignant About Nearly Everything" -- actually existed, and that I had them as a client. Just imagine the line-item on the resume': "Casting PERLs before S.W.I.N.E."

I've never heard of joinery described that way. ;)
Wes
(trying to learn perl)