Device-tracts a/c energy use?

Does anyone know of a thermostat or some other device that will keep tract of the amount of time the a/c has been on and/or keep up with kWh used? I know I can watch the electric meter, but I was just wondering if there might be a thermostat that could do such a thing.

Reply to
ATL

Many newer thermostats , the better models do this.

Reply to
m Ransley

Dr. Hardcrab

VOM with PC interface.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Many of the new programmable thermostats will keep track of the time. That is not exactly the same as the electrical usage however. The efficiency of the A/C may vary. The thermostat may measure total "fan" time and it the fan is not set to run exact same time as the A/C it will be off a little.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There are probably devices to measure your kwh consumption but I am not sure what that will tell you? Running time will depend on the outside temperature to what the inside thermostat is set at. You utility company should be able to give you information that would be useful, such as each degree of temperature the stat is set will raise or lower your consumption by 8 %, has the proper conservation been done, and many other areas. Call them and they should be able to tell as well as offer free programs to lower your consumption.

If Don't tell me what I can understand, tell me what I can't mis-understand (Gen. Douglas McArthur)! No matter what you do you are a problem solver....what do you do? Arthur, Website:

Email: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Arthur

Try Google for "elapsed time meter"

For openers see

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I have an Hunter 44550 it has run time for the compressor. current, yesterday, last week, total. total register is the same as the filter register. Reset button resets all registers.

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
George E. Cawthon