Portable Miter Saw Stand

Hey Folks!

I'm looking for a well made portable Miter Saw Stand, preferably with wheels, for under $300

What are your recommendations?

Thanks, Ed

Profit From Wood.com

The DeWalt stand at $185 is pretty good:

Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
our tool survey, Win $200!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander

- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler

- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage

- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System

- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge

- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)

www

On 7/4/2005 7:58 AM Profit From Wood.com mumbled something about the following:

if you don't mind spending just a little more
is one of the best that I've seen.

Reply to
Odinn

I have the HTC HP-575PK Miter Saw Tool Stand.

's works great but it's a little heavy to carry in and out of my basement shop. Fortunately, the table that the saw mounts to slides out of the stand with the removal of two wing-nutted bolts allowing me to carry the saw and the stand separately.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

"Profit From Wood.com" wrote in news:vLmdndAM8 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I like the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle at Home Depot. $199 list, often on sale, ranging from $99 to $149 reported pricing. I got mine for the $99 deal, 18 months ago.

If I were to use this, in and out of a truck, every day for a couple of years, it might have problems, but in light to medium duty use, it's fine.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

If you can up your ceiling slightly, I'll second the Trojan stand. I got mine around 18 months ago for $309, but I notice that woodworker.com now has them for something like $350. I move my DeWalt DW708 miter saw all the time, and I really appreciate the Trojan stand.

George Bame Norfolk, VA

Reply to
George Bame

This one is rather sweet:

Jan Egil Sjås

Check out the Wilton at Menard's. They have them on sale occasionally. I got one for less than $90.

Reply to
Dave

We use an earlier version of the Delta 50-155. Here's a link.

very well and can be used with about any miter saw. We have a Dewalt 12" on it now

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

I made one from culled lumber for about $30 bucks. I bought some pneumatic tires on eBay, which are the most expensive components.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Thanks to all for your input!

I'll let you know which one I choose!

Ed

Reply to
Profit From Wood.com

Did you check out the Wilton modem? If there is a Menard's near you.,The price is right. I like mine alot.

Reply to
Dave