"Plastic Wood" for melamine

I've been making up drawers for a shop cabinet out of melamine-faced particleboard. I've had a little blowout from the brad nailer in a few spots because I used too long of a brad.

Any suggestions for a cosmetic patch? I thought of using white caulking, but is there anything better?

Mr Fixit eh

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

A good paint store may have melamine patching compound, specifically made for this. Colors can be mixed to match any surface melamine comes in

Reply to
TaskMule

You betcha:

Doug Miller

That has NEVER happened to me, but if it had, I would have used a bit of Bondo (white) autobody filler and white paint from the craftstore. Peel away the chunkettes, and fill hole with filler. after it sets up, wipe away stuff around the hole with laquer thinner, then use a match-stick to dab a wee bit of paint onto the dried filler.... it flows out nicely and dries to a similar finish as melamine...or so I'm told.

Robatoy

Google the words (name) Kampel SeamFil.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:08:36 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy spake:

Read all about it in Fine Bondoing Magazine, I suppose?

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sadly, when I called Lee Valley, they report that the white particleboard filler has been discontinued and they are all sold out.

Kampel makes a 2-part epoxy called 'Woodfil' in white, and Famowood makes a white wood filler.

Has anyone had experience with either of these products?

steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh